logo header
May 14, 2015 Visit Our Web Site
 
Image of Fred NajjarWelcome to the Spring edition of PHILANTHROPY our inaugural online edition. I would like to start this edition by honoring the tremendous sense of humankindness exhibited by our employees in regard to our Nepal relief efforts. In less than one week over 300 employee donors stepped forward to raise in excess of $35,000 for clean water, blankets, food, medical equipment and supplies. The relief effort will continue, as does our will to spread humankindness across the globe. Support the effort by giving online today.  Read More »
Profile Update
Get Involved
Share Successes
Graduate Medical Program Comes to Nevada
The creation of our Graduate Medical Education Program will address the severe physician shortage as well as the projected shortage of medical residency programs with the anticipated opening of two new medical schools in southern Nevada.

Read More »
Employees Making a Big Impact
Close to 40 percent of funds raised by employees went to system wide priorities, while the remaining 60 percent were distributed across our 31 local foundations. Employee donors were able to select which fund or foundation they wished to support.

Read More »

“Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."
 - Khalil Gibran

Stories of Philanthropic Impact

Reducing Hospital Readmissions
California Community Foundation awarded a two year grant of $750,000 to California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC) Foundation to support the Coordinated Care Initiative at CHMC.

Read More »

Exceeding Giving Challenge
Barrow Neurological Foundation secured a total of $378,000 for an expansion of its Center for Transitional Neuro-Rehabilitation (CTN) as a result of a challenge grant issued by The Pelican Charitable Foundation.

Read More »

Emergency Preparedness: Mobile in Minutes
Dignity Health's Woodland Memorial Hospital recently hosted first responders from throughout the Sacramento region for an open house and training featuring a new decontamination trailer.

Read More »

Making a Difference through Employee Generosity
Thank you again for your support of the healing mission of St. Mary Medical Center.  It is with heartfelt gratitude that we say THANK YOU to the more than 622 employees (58 percent) who helped make our 2015 Employee Giving Campaign a tremendous success.

Read More »

A Grateful Gift of Love Over a Lifetime
Vivian and her sister were both born at Mercy. It was only when Vivian died recently,that Stephanie Weber, VP of Philanthropy & Executive Director of the Friends of Mercy Foundation realized how important Mercy Hospital was to Vivian and her family.

Read More »

A Fun-Filled Day from Start to Finish
California Hospital Medical Center (CHMC) Foundation hosted its 3rd Annual Heart of the City 5K on Saturday, March 28, 2015, with nearly 2,000 participants and over $150,000 raised.

Read More »

Making Hope Happen
The second annual Day of Hope community event was both a heartwarming and inspiring day throughout the Santa Maria Valley as people from all walks of life joined forces in the fight against cancer.

Read More »

Helping Future Nurses Realize Their Dreams
In 1983, Gloria Kennett and her husband, William Kennett, M.D. were among those who first helped launch the Sequoia Hospital Foundation.

Read More »

Have an idea for a story? Have exciting news you'd like to share? Join the conversation.


Home | Contact | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
All of us deserve to have access to high quality care and innovative programs that improve health and wellbeing. The work that Dignity Health Philanthropy is leading here in our communities and abroad is not possible without the generosity of our donors, thank you.
Dignity Health
185 Berry Street, Suite 300,
San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 438-5653 | philanthropy@dignityhealth.org
MESSAGE US ABOUT MAKING A GIFT 

It's easy to update your Email Preferences. Be sure to add philanthropy@dignityhealth.org to your address book or safe senders list so our emails get to your inbox. You may also review our Privacy Policy.