Employees Making a Big Impact

System Office

employee giving collageDignity Health system office employees are on pace to raise over $800,000 in support of our healing ministry in fiscal year 2015 (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015). Their humankindness is making a big impact on vital programs across our system.  Programs supported during fiscal year 2015 include: 

  • Ebola relief – sending much needed supplies via Project C.U.R.E. to Ebola-ravaged West Africa – support came through the Global Health Fund. 
  • Community gardens – providing much needed funds for community vegetable healing garden expansion – support came through the Sustainability Fund. 

  • Human trafficking intervention – providing training for caregivers in early detection and intervention on patients that exhibit signs of human trafficking – support came through the Human Trafficking Fund. 

  • PROMPT simulators – providing simulators for training on difficult deliveries – support came through the Health Babies Fund. 

  • Mobile technology pilot – providing GPS tracking for asthma inhaler use so caregivers can create more effective care plans for their patients – support came through the Innovation Fund.

  • Training instructors –  for the Chronic Disease Self-Management program – support came through the Community Health Partnership Fund.

Close to 40 percent of funds raised by system office employees went to the priorities listed above while the remaining 60 percent were distributed across our 31 local foundations. Employee donors were able to select which fund or foundation they wished to support. 

In fiscal year 2015, roughly 30 percent of all system office employees will have contributed in some way to our employee giving efforts. The 30 percent threshold marks significant improvement from just three short years ago where employee engagement with philanthropy stood at 7percent.  As an organization committed to humankindness, we hope to reach a goal of 50 percent employee engagement in philanthropy over the next 5 years. 

“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”  Lao Tzu

Employees wishing to give during the remaining part of fiscal year 2015 can do so by visiting our online donation portal or by visiting employee self-service (ESS). Thank you for all that have already given to help Dignity Health fulfill our mission.